FROM OUR CEO
As a father whose children attended school in Clark County, I am passionate about helping our future leaders of tomorrow. When I was a child coming to the US from Peru, I had a hard time acclimating because I didn’t speak the language, but I was lucky enough to have had incredibly supportive teachers and parents. I wasn’t always a Straight-A Student, but I did have determination and perseverance to complete any task that was thrown my way. Due to the post pandemic and variable nature of the economy, I understand that families with children in school have been severely affected, whether it be financially, or just added mental stress. I want to encourage these children and their families to keep up their great work by providing rewards to a student in each level: elementary, middle, high school, and college. These students deserve to be recognized for their outstanding achievements in the face of adversity. I’m glad the R.A.R.E. Award program can assist in propelling them into their bright future.
LAS VEGAS PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS & COLLEGES
Carroll M. Johnston
Nominations Closed K-12 ONLY Due February 24, 2023
$10K Scholarship HS Senior and College Undergrads Applications Closed
R.A.R.E. Scholarship: High School Seniors & College Undergraduates
R.A.R.E. Nominations: K-12
R.A.R.E. AWARD NOMINATIONS RULES
*By participating and nominating you agree to the R.A.R.E Award Rules*
- Students in grades K-12 from the listed CCSD schools:
- Robert Lunt ES, Gwendolyn Woolley ES, Hyde Park MS, Carroll M. Johnston MS, Cheyenne HS, Desert Pines HS.
- Students that are currently enrolled in the above-listed schools.
Who is eligible to nominate?
- Nominations may only be submitted by student peers, teachers, and all other school staff from participating schools. Family and parents of students are not eligible to nominate.
- Students may not nominate themselves.
- Teachers, School Staff, and Peers who are nominating are limited to only 2 nominations.
- R.A.R.E. Award nominators must provide updated and reliable contact information.
- No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes or scholarship is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- CCSD staff will first receive student information and after a consent form is signed by the appropriate nominee party (parent/guardian/student), only then will Executive Option have access to nominee information.
- Prizes will only be awarded to the final winners of the R.A.R.E. Awards. Winners will be announced at the conclusion of the award program.
- Considering the unique nature and scope of the R.A.R.E. Awards and the complexity of the technology underlying its administration, Executive Option reserves the right, in addition to the other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise related to R.A.R.E. Awards.
- $500 Scholarship is not renewable.
Who is eligible for $10K scholarship?
- High school seniors from Cheyenne HS & Desert Pines HS.
- Undergraduate College Students from UNLV & CSN.
- $10K Scholarship applicants must apply through the Public Education Foundation portal: https://thepef.org/apply-for-scholarships/
October 01, 2022
Applications Open for the $10K Scholarship.
November 01, 2022
Nominations Open for Elementary, Middle, and High School Students.
January 31, 2023
Applications Close for $10,000 Scholarship.
February 24, 2023
Nominations Close for Elementary, Middle, and High School Students.
March - May 2023
All Winners will be announced March-May 2023
What is the R.A.R.E. Award?
The RARE Award was created by Executive Option to commend remarkable students that are making an effort to excel in and out of the classroom. Students will have a chance to apply or to be nominated by their peers and school staff for showing resilience and determination. Prize packages to be awarded to selected students will include school supplies, technology, or scholarships to help them continue to thrive.
Who is sponsoring the R.A.R.E. Award?
Executive Option is sponsoring the RARE AWARD. Executive Option has been a leading provider of business and Information Technology (IT) solutions for over 25 years.
What schools are participating?
Robert Lunt Elementary School, Gwendolyn Woolley Elementary School, Hyde Park Middle School, Carroll M. Johnston Middle School, Desert Pines High School, Cheyenne High School, UNLV, CSN.
How do I apply?
The only application for RARE is the $10,000 scholarship portion that is only open to high school seniors at Desert Pines and Cheyenne High school. To apply visit the link on the PEF website on October 1st. Nominations are separate from the $10K scholarship application.
What is the difference between nominations and the 10k scholarship?
- Eligible for participating K-12 Schools.
- Teachers, school staff, and peers can nominate students.
- Nominations will be through CCSD Google Form.
- Eligible for participating High School Seniors, CSN, UNLV.
- Students apply on their own accord.
- Application will be through Public Education Foundation.
How do I know if I qualify?
- Qualifications for the $10K scholarship: Must be a senior or undergraduate student at the following high schools & colleges: Cheyenne, Desert Pines, CSN and UNLV. Applications will be open on October 1st through the Public Education Foundation website.
- Qualifications for the student nominations: To be nominated, you must be a student at the participating school. Nominations must be made by teachers, peers, and school staff from the participating schools. Nominations must be made using the CCSD form that will be linked on the website November 1st.
My school is not listed on the participating school list, what do I do?
Unfortunately, we are not accepting applications nor nominations from schools not on the list for this year’s RARE award.
I am a senior in one of the participating high schools, what do I qualify for?
- You are eligible to apply for the $10k scholarship on the PEF website.
- You are eligible to be nominated by your peers and school staff for other prizes.
I am an undergraduate student, what do I qualify for?
You are only eligible to apply for the $10k scholarship on the PEF website.
I am a teacher at one of the participating CCSD schools, how do I nominate a student?
To nominate a student, please use the nomination link that will be on the website on November 1.
I am a teacher at one of the participating CCSD schools, can I apply for the $10k scholarship for a student?
No, the students must apply on their own on the PEF portal. If you feel a student is deserving of the award, we encourage you to encourage them to apply.
Is there a limit to how many prizes a student is eligible to receive?
Yes, a student may not receive more than one (01) prize package listed.
If I already have a scholarship with another institution, am I eligible to submit my application with R.A.R.E. $10k scholarship?
Yes, you are eligible to apply & win RARE Award.
What is the minimum GPA to apply for the $10k scholarship?
2.0 GPA is required to apply for the $10k scholarship.
Will I be notified if I do not receive the $10k award?
Students can visit the Public Education Foundation to check the status of their application.
If I am selected for a scholarship, when should I expect my disbursement?
Upon approval of enrollment verification and after the school processes the award.
If I am selected for a scholarship, how will I receive the $10k scholarship?
The scholarship will be disbursed to the University/College once we receive an enrollment verification form.
If I apply for the $10K scholarship, will this make me ineligible to be nominated?
No, all applications & nominations will be reviewed. No, it doesn’t make you ineligible. The RARE committee will have internal policies that will ensure a fair opportunity for both prizes.
Who’s is eligible to nominate?
Teachers, school staff, and peers from participating schools. No family or parents.
Am I an eligible student to be nominated?
Yes, students ONLY are eligible to be nominated and win if they attend in one of the K-12 participating schools.
Who is reviewing my information?
- CCSD & PEF will be reviewing personal.
- The RARE committee will review and make the final decision.
I am a student/teacher/staff that does not attend the participating schools but would like to nominate a student attending a participating school, can I do that?
No, nominations must be made ONLY from peers, teachers, and staff at the participating schools.
ABOUT EXECUTIVE OPTION
EXECUTIVE OPTION, LLC specializes in delivering end-to-end solutions, complex high-risk and high-value initiatives, and projects to its partner clients. They specialize in providing salvage expertise and resuscitation services for distressed projects. A minority and U.S. veteran-owned company, Executive Option, under the direction of President and Chief Executive Officer Mike Del Prado, has a successful record of providing technological and operational solutions while maintaining the core values of partnership, innovation, integrity, and transparency. Headquartered in Las Vegas, Executive Option provides services for mid-size companies to billion-dollar organizations in more than 30 countries around the globe.